Irish Cuddle Salon at Common Ground facilitated by Randy Ralston.
From birth through death, humans (and indeed all mammals) have a biological, neurological, spiritual and emotional and social need to give and receive loving, non-sexual touch and affection. It is crucial for our mental and social development and emotional wellbeing. Unfortunately, the pace of modern society has left us lacking, with little opportunity for quality connection with others.
Though touch is natural, the skills that make it welcome and enjoyable have to be learned. Skills of communication, boundary identification, asking for what you want, and saying ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ with clarity and kindness.
Nurturing, welcomed, consensual touch is good for you. Cuddles are especially good for:
* Lowering blood pressure
* Relieving pain
* Calming your nervous system, reducing stress and anxiety
* Lowering your risk of heart disease
* Boosting your immune system
* Stable and vibrant emotional health and overall wellbeing
* Enhancing your ability to connect and deepen trust with others
* Increasing your ability to respect and care for yourself, your creativity, sense of safety, comfort and belonging.
Cuddle parties will be organised on a monthly basis.